10 Facebook scams to watch out for
Various extensions or Facebook apps are offered to the Facebook users with a promise of providing access cool information like who has stopped following you, who visited your profile, offering free t shirts in exchange of a visit to a Facebook profile or tools to customize Facebook accounts.
These are usually malware which is installed on the users computer by asking the uses to download and install a program or a script. Once this is done the hackers have access to all the information on your computer. Such cases are being reported regularly according to Bitdefender.
The top 10 Facebook scams according to The Guardian are for apps or services that offer
- Total profile views/visitors
- Change your Facebook Color/Colour
- Rihanna sex tape with her boyfriend
- Check my status update to get free Facebook T-shirt
- Say goodbye to Blue Facebook
- Unsealed. We are giving them away for free
- Check if a friend has deleted you
- See your top 10 profile peekers
- Find out how to see who viewed your profile
- Just changed my Facebook theme. It’s amazing
- If interested the full post is available here.
The bottomline is do not install applications in Facebook, for that matter anywhere, if they are not from a trusted source.